Who are Shine?
Shine fostering is a unique agency in that we will only recruit the people we discover have that special ability to care for our amazing children. The Director is clear that we will be a bespoke agency catering for a limited number of carers (30-40). The reason being is that we believe we can offer the best service to our carers and children which is tailor made support for both the carer and child/ren. At shine we see our carers developing their skills together with our children.
Opportunity to train
Have you ever thought of a career in training or counselling – we aim to support our carers to develop. We realise the passion in our carers and the sky is the limit.
The Shine team is a very experienced passionate and knowledgeable team whom collectively have over sixty years’ experience in social work – we see children at the heart of their organisation.
Shine came through due to the needs of our children and the belief that with the positive support, encouragement and passion we can reach for the skies.
What does Shine Fostering do?
At Shine we recognise and focus on our challenging children and larger sibling groups. We have over sixty years’ experience as a team. We appreciate the pressure and responsibility of the task and this is supported in our excellent financial reward and care package. We recruit and train our carers to be the best they can for the best outcomes for our children.
What is Fostering?
Fostering is caring for a child/ren who are unable to remain at their family home for various reasons. These children are placed with the Local authority who accommodate them. It is vital that we are able to provide warm, nurturing homes where they are valued and respected. COULD THAT FAMILY/PERSON BE YOU? IF SO READ ON.
What do I need?
* A spare bedroom
* At least one carer at home
* Helpful but not essential to have experience of children and young people
* Ability to want to learn and engage with others
* Not committed a serious offence
* A caring personality
* A commitment to the assessment process of learning new skills
* Some life experience
The Shine Process to your offer to foster
* Contact the Shine office via phone or email to make your offer to foster in Stage 1
* We will arrange for a telephone interview – if your offer is successful the following will take place:
* Shine will arrange an initial home visit – if the offer to foster is still available we will collect initial information. It is important that you are aware of our ethos and practice
* Shine will arrange for Skills to Foster at our offices
* Shine will undertake relevant checks to be completed, DBS, medical, educational, social services etc.
* Shine will instruct an F Form assessor who after the third visit and discussing with the Agency Decision Maker – Shine will inform you that your offer of being a foster carer will have moved to stage 2
* In stage 2 the assessor will continue to complete the F Form and collect relevant information
* Our Champion Child will visit your home and complete a brief assessment together with the assessing social worker
* Our Educational Manger will visit your home and complete a brief assesssment
* The Shine Director will visit you at your home or arrange a meeting prior to panel
* Once assessment is completed it will be presented to the panel – which you attend with the assessing social worker and another supportive person (if you wish). At the Shine panel we like to see all your immediate fostering family
* Shine panel make a recommendation to the Agency Decision Maker (ADM) as to your application
* ADM will ring you in 48hours of decision being made and in writing in seven days.
* Receive a welcome bag and complete signing of your Foster care Agreement
What do I have to do?
* If you are interested – just pick up the phone and have an initial chat with our very warm and professional team. We welcome people from all different backgrounds and what’s’ important to us is that you are able to offer our children the warmth and stability they need.
It’s good to talk and in that initial phone call – you can decide whether the journey is for you.
WELCOME TO THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF SHINEFOSTERING
BECAUSE TOGETHER WE SHINE